Translate

Monday, December 10, 2012

Can't Knock the Hustle: Tanya Rojas

Scenario: Your whole life you have been diligent in taking the necessary steps to accomplish a goal you have had your eyes fixed on. Outcome: Not reaching that goal was probably one of the best things that has happened to you so far.  

The scene above has different variations, but I am sure many of us have experienced it in some form or manner. Pessimistic people might say the scenario above is nothing more than an example of failure, but for people like me and Tanya Rojas, it represents better and bigger things. Sometimes we hit our target and we are not satisfied with the results and realize our heart was set on the wrong thing. Maybe you hit an unexpected road bump that alters your path and outcome, but that is ok. For Tanya, there were a combination of scenarios that at first might have seemed discouraging, but with an "open" mind and "open heart she was able to chase her true passion. I met Tanya while I was at Columbia. To be honest I didn't really get to know her, and we were introduce by her boyfriend. I worked with him so I would see her a lot around work and on campus. It wasn't until recently I learned who and what Tanya has been up too. Like I said, I didn't know what she studied or what she did other than being a great person. She is a fun person to be around, which at times resulted in having conversations about mexican food and how upsetting it is that New York doesn't really have any. Anyway, I have noticed that she has been hard at work promoting her movement/project titled Open.
Right away I can tell she was passionate it about it, and for me it sparked a big interest why I never heard about it while I was in New York. Day by day I would see photos and video clips about her project, including ways to raise money and throwing events to support her and her cast. I even saw a clip with Issa Mase in it (the first member of my "Can't Knock the Hustle" series), which was awesome because I enjoy when young creative minds are helping each other reach our goals. Then I started seeing other people share Tanya's work and that is when I took my time to read and learn what was going on, and it blew my mind away.

With the passion her dad instilled in her at a young age and with a single conversation she had with a friend, Tanya was inspired and pursued her passion for the arts and began to bring "Open" to life. And even though her Columbia degree has nothing to do with her project to the naked eye, her time at school and in New York does. With an open mind and heart, Tanya's passion is coming in full fruition. With the completion of her pilot coming this weekend, and having already the first 2 seasons of her series written, Tanya and her cast are on the verge of hitting their targets. "Open" is a series of young adults experiencing open relationships and dealing with the dynamic of having more then 2 parties involved; but it is just more than that. It is the journey of sexuality and fully coming into our own. It shows that not everybody believes in the same thing and that trying to find ourselves is not a bad thing, but one of the greatest experiences of life. Just because it may seem wrong to you doesn't mean you are right. There are no guidelines in how to live life and that is what Tanya and her 6 other friends and cast members display on the camera lens.

Check out the awesome interview I had with Tanya Rojas about her incredible journey to get where she is right now, and to learn a lot more about her series "Open"
Who is Tanya Rojas


For all my followers, subscribers and anybody reading this blog post I am asking for your help!!! Tanya and her cast need help in raising money for their project. We all know that production is not cheap and I am teaming up with Tanya to help her and her team reach their goal. They need $380 to reach $2,000. All we need is 38 people to give me $10 each which is not too much to ask. What if you were $10 away from reaching a goal?! Well that is all (but not limited too) Tanya and "Open" are asking for! Below is the link where you can make a contribution, and if you look at the list, there are cool incentives for certain contribution amounts! Again, please help Tanya out. They need to reach this goal by tomorrow and it would be incredible if we can make it happen! I appreciate everybody who helps. Any amount works, but we are hoping 38 people can generously donate $10!!

Contribute Now!!: Open

It is awesome finding and discovering young and creative minds chasing their passions and doing whatever it takes to accomplish their goals. I respect and applaud Tanya and the rest of the team at "Open" for their dedication and hardwork, and I know soon enough we will be watching them on television! Below is the link to Open's Facebook and Twitter page! Don't forget to donate! I did!!

Facebook: Open

Twitter: Open


No comments:

Post a Comment