Translate

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jersey Boys

Tonight I went to the Theatre District to watch Jersey Boys. This Broadway production is based on the story of the singing group "The Four Seasons". Jersey Boys is the 4th Broadway show I have seen since I moved to New York. Must people wouldn't expect me to be into musicals but I appreciate all forms of art whether it be music, paintings, architecture or theatre productions. It was an awesome and entertaining show and I highly recommend it if you ever visit New York. I also learned some history from the play. For example, I did not know that "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" was originally performed by Frank Valli's; one of the members of "The Four Seasons". It reached #2 on the Billboard Charts in 1967. The song has been covered by numerous people including Lauryn Hill, which is my favorite rendition of the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment